How to Optimise Your Landing Page for More Profit
Let’s start with a harsh truth.
You may get a lot of traffic to your website, but it doesn’t matter at all. Because what really matters is the number of customers you make out of those visitors.
That’s the job of a good, optimised landing page, and it is absolutely crucial for your success.
If you have a well-optimised landing page, you will see better conversions, sales and profits. It is as simple as that.
So let’s discuss some really important aspects of landing page optimisation and how you can achieve your goals with that.
An Exceptional, Attention-Grabbing Heading
Everything starts with an awesome headline, doesn’t it?
If your website visitor is coming via an advertisement or social update, she – to an extent – already knows what to expect.
On the other hand, if your website visitor is coming from a guest-post, the introductory headline becomes all the more important. It needs to have that powerful punch to grab her attention right away.
More importantly, it must have the following three qualities:
- 1. It should be clear and concise
- 2. The headline should have a clear benefit for your visitors
- 3. It must be directly related to what you’re offering – without any false claims
A Clear & Powerful Call-to-Action
A good and effective call-to-action is arguably the most important part of your landing page.
There are certain things that you must know about it.
- A call-to-action should always be prominent. Natureairimproved their conversions by 591% after they added a more prominent call-to-action.
- Landing pages with customized calls-to-action perform better. For example, don’t just use “Buy Now”. Instead, include a clear benefit, e.g. “Save 30% By Registering Now!
- It should nicely complement the copy and design of your landing page.
- Most importantly, there should be no more than one call-to-action. Moreover, simplicity is also crucial for your landing page. For a coupon website, the conversions were improved by 400% after removing a big ‘secure’ image.
You can, however, add sharing links to various social media websites for more traffic, brand awareness and credibility.
Say No to Sidebars
It is very common to have sidebars for blogs and business websites. But it is an important rule not to have sidebars for your landing pages.
Why? The answer is actually pretty simple, but it is an equally important concept to understand.
You don’t want your visitors to think of anything other than the primary call-to-action. Sidebars are just going to distract them. And as I mentioned earlier, there should always be only one link, i.e. the primary call-to-action of your landing page.
Every website is different.
What works for someone else might never work for you. So the key to success lies in rigorous testing and experimentation.
A/B testing and multivariate testing are crucial for optimising your landing page. You can either select your entire control page and test it with a totally different version (A/B testing) or you can select one or more of its important aspects and test them with different alternatives (multivariate testing).
After only a few tests, you will be able to identify the most important parts of your landing page. And don’t forget that even the smallest things matter.
For instance, FigLeaves tested their control page with many variations. They simply added product reviews to their website and it increased their conversions by 35%.
As you can see, there are many different aspects for optimizing your landing page. From attention-grabbing headlines to powerful calls-to-action, everything has its own place and purpose.
But in the end, you always need to be on your toes. Keep testing to find what works best for you.
Following are some of the many important elements that should be tested:
- Price/Redesigned pricing pages
- Color combinations
- Changing the copy (text)
- Adding ‘secure’ signs for more reliability and credibility
- Colors of the CTA buttons
- Size of the CTA button
- Videos/Image Sliders/Images
Good luck with your landing-page optimisation and do let us know what changed your fortunes!