This weeks interview is with Neil Patel, co-founder of Quick Sprout, Crazy Egg and KISSmetrics. Neil helps companies like Amazon and HP grow their revenue through the implementation of online marketing strategy.
Much like Improve My Search Ranking, Neil focuses on improving his clients bottom-line profits rather than just looking at increasing search rankings. If you do not follow Neil’s blog I 100% urge you to visit his site right now (heck, it’s more important than reading the interview below!!). The value Neil offers his readership on a weekly basis is phenomenal, from general business advice to SEO and conversion optimisation Neil offers the very best advice in the online marketing industry.
Due to Neil being an extremely busy man we were unable to get quite as extensive answers as seen previously in our interview series (see Brian Dean – SEO interview) however, we are grateful he made time to answer the following 4 questions;
1. If you could sum up entrepreneurship in 140 characters or less, how would you put it?
Entrepreneurship is like a roller coaster. There are ups and downs, fun times and scary moments.
2. What 3 marketing methods do you believe to be the most effective in lead generation?
- SEO – if you can rank organically you can generate leads at a very low cost.
- Content marketing – creating good content should also help increase your organic traffic and back links.
- Conversion optimisation – once you have traffic you need to optimize your site to collect more leads.
3. Do you believe “anyone can make it” and become a business success? Or do you feel one needs a set of core, innate skills?
Not everyone can because most people aren’t willing to take risks, work hard, learn from their mistakes, and do whatever it takes to succeed.
4. I know you collaborate with and learn from other people to make your own businesses successful. Could you highlight any marketers or authors who inspire you?
Matt Inman is very inspirational. He uses creativity to drive traffic to his site!
And that concludes our short interview with Neil! What I found most interesting is his belief that you can only “make it” if you are willing to take risks, work hard, learn from your mistakes and be persistent. Everyone at Improve My Search Ranking is a firm believer in personal improvement, infact continuous improvement is one of our core values, so I agree with Neil to an extent. However, I also feel it is possible for anyone to learn and keep these values (hard work, risk taking, persistence, etc.). For example, from personal experience I believe I’ve learned to hold the values of hard work, resourcefulness, continuous improvement, openness and persistence by reading personal development books such as Tony Robbin’s Unlimited Power: The New Science of Personal Achievement.
As a business owner or an employee what do you believe?
What did you take from this interview? Let us know in the comments below!
Free ebook: "Most Comprehensive Local SEO Guide: 2020 Edition" (Valued at £99)
This free ebook will teach you, step by step, how to improve your Local SEO so you can start generating more traffic and sales for your business.
100% Privacy. We will never spam you!