Back in November 2016, Google introduced mobile-first indexing. As per this significant change, Google started using the mobile version of a website’s content to rank pages from that site, display snippets in the SERPs, and understand structured data.
In simpler words, mobile-indexing means Google crawls your site from the perspective of a mobile browser and uses that mobile version for indexing and ranking the site in the SERPs. (more…)
The information in this guide has been put together based on research showing the effects of the corona virus outbreak on businesses in China – and reports from Harvard Business School and other outlets on how best to market, maintain and grow a business during a downturn in the economy.
During this challenging time, we are offering local businesses free digital marketing advice.
Please get in touch with us via our contact form and read through our short guide below for more information.
How To Market Your Business During The Corona Virus COVID-19 Outbreak 2020
Amidst the panic and mayhem surrounding the current corona virus outbreak, a unique opportunity for your business awaits.
As the economy is hit and restricted movement of the population is likely to continue for weeks to come, now is still the time to invest in the future of your business.
- The use of social media and Google to find products and services is up.
- Consumer online activity is on the rise.
- Data published on eMarketer shows an increase in usage of mobile apps, social media and search of around 20% in China. The same behaviour is expected in the UK.
Through the use of digital marketing you can reach your customers, wherever they are, at a time when they need you most.
Marketing In A Downturn
When a recession or epidemic hits, marketing is typically one of the first activities businesses are tempted to stop to save costs.
This is a mistake.
Repurposing a piece of content is now an essential aspect of successful content marketing. There are multiple reasons for it:
- There is already a lot of content out there. You need quality over content to stand out, and it is tough to produce dozens of new high-quality pieces of content every month.
- Repurposing a blog post into different forms of content allows content marketers to reach a wider audience group, e.g., those who prefer watching a 5-minute video over reading a 1,000-word blog post.
All you need is one good blog post, and there are plenty of ways you can repurpose that post into different mediums and forms of content.
Free ebook: "Most Comprehensive Local SEO Guide: 2019 Edition" (Valued at £99)
This free ebook will teach you, step by step, how to improve your Local SEO so you can start generating more traffic and sales for your business.
100% Privacy. We will never spam you!