There are several on-page SEO factors that effect how Google ranks your website.
Without a solid foundation of on-page SEO best practices you will find it extremely difficult to rank well for your target keywords.
In fact, effective on-page SEO remains, and always will be, a prerequisite for great SEO performance.
Therefore, as a bare minimum make sure you are abiding by the 6 points put forward in this blog post. This post highlights on-page SEO factors you must pay attention to and gives you practical tips on how to optimise each of them.
The first thing to consider when looking to optimise a website for search is making sure the content of a page is worthy of a top search result position. You should ask yourself three questions before submitting a new piece of content on your website.
- Does this content supply a demand?
- Would I recommend this content to a friend or peer?
- Is this page worthy of a link?
Bare in mind the mantra “content is king” every time you produce or update a page on your website. Taking the time to consider these questions before creating content will result in your website becoming remarkable, more valuable and more likely to earn links from other websites. (more…)
Oakleigh Manor is an award winning landscape design and build practice based in Kent. They offer a range of services including garden design, irrigation systems and oak framed garages.
We started working with Oakleigh Manor towards the end of November 2012 and we were tasked with the development of a totally new website and the challenge of getting their website listed on the first page of Google for all 12 of their key services.
The benefits of having the website listed on page 1 of Google include;
- Increased targeted traffic, leads and sales – customers looking for garden design services would be able to find Oakleigh Manor’s website.
- Increased brand awareness – appearing on the first page of Google will result in more people learning of the business’ existence.
- Getting 1-step ahead of competitors – there are 100’s of garden design companies in Kent, yet there are only 10 places on the first page of Google. 90% of search engine users will NEVER go past the first page of results, therefore having a position on the first page of Google gives Oakleigh a huge competitive advantage over their rivals.
- Protecting the future of the company – we all know traditional advertising is dying. When was the last time you used the Yellow Pages? Considering this, it is important to start seeking out new methods of marketing that will work in the future.
After the new website was built and all best practice on-page optimisation principles were implemented an extensive link building and content marketing strategy were drawn up. Within 1 month the Oakleigh Manor website was already ranking in position #1 for search terms such as “oak framed garages”.
Today we discuss a mighty secret, one nobody at Google HQ wants you to know about. Yes, we’re going to explain to you exactly how Google works.
It’s Google’s mission to provide its users with the best possible information related to the search query it has been asked by a user, right?
So how does Google do that? How does it sift through the BILLIONS of pages on the ‘net to serve up the perfect answer to your question?
Now, I’ve come to learn the average person really doesn’t give much thought as to how this works. But, personally, as an SEO this is a question I have to ask myself everyday.
So Josh, how does Google work?
Free ebook: "Most Comprehensive Local SEO Guide: 2019 Edition" (Valued at £99)
This free ebook will teach you, step by step, how to improve your Local SEO so you can start generating more traffic and sales for your business.
100% Privacy. We will never spam you!